Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Honoring the Olympics




Betty's color challenge on SCS was to use any or all of the colors in the Olympic logo along with a neutral(s). I used 4 colors with one neutral (white) so that makes this an Event 4 card. The 'dessert' was to include a metallic (either gold, silver or bronze) so I chose silver pearls as an accent. The layout is Mercy Kerin's Tuesday sketch and it was a great one to ink up one of my all-time fave SU stamps! This was a quick and easy card to create...it's past my bedtime, so will say good night!

STAMPS: Upsy Daisy (SU), Inspired by Nature (SU), Thankful Accents (Verve)
PAPER: Enchanted Evening (PTI), Summer Sun (SU), White, DP (?)
INK: Not Quite Navy, Summer Sun, Certainly Celery
ACCESSORIES: CB, Nestabilities, Satin ribbon (PTI), Kaiser silver pearls

7 comments:

Dawn B. said...

This is so pretty. I love the colors you chose..WHat a great way to use the color challenge for today..Super job.

JD/ Jill said...

Pretty card...great job with the challenge...

Shelly Koskinen said...

This card is beautiful!

Pam Speidel said...

Hi Wanda! Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog which has led me here to your FABULOUS blog! Love your bright sunny & happy creation and so glad you played along in Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge! You've got a new follower! Happy Stamping & Smiles 2 U, Pam :)

Tanya said...

Hi Wanda. Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your sweet comment! Love this card, I love daisies and this stamp is too sweet. Great job getting in 4 colors. Your bow looks great, I need more practice with mine. Have a great day. :)

dj said...

love the bright colors...makes me wish for spring!! Do you think we will ever have that around here again????

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card. Those flowers are beautiful.