Friday, April 2, 2010

April Viva La Verve




After a busy morning of errands, I wanted to relax by creating a card for the first week of the April Viva la Verve challenges based on Amber's sketch and a living room to inspire us. I may have cheated a bit in picking the 'purple room' as it looked more like a deep pink on my screen. I softened the shade of pink/purple so I could use this lily of the valley image...I know they grow in shades of pink, but never saw them in a fushia or purple color. That's where my tweaking enters in. :-) I colored with Copics and cut out 2 ovals with the Creative Memories oval cutter. I stitched around the panels and added some ribbon. It's so warm and beautiful in VA today...a great way to begin a very special Easter weekend!

STAMPS: Easter Blessings by ODBD, Miracles Blossom by Verve (sentiment)
PAPER: Gossamer DP by Memory Box, Inc.
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black
ACCESSORIES: Copics, Janome sewing machine, Satin ribbon by PTI, Dimensionals

3 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

Beautiful card Wanda!!! I love the ODBD image!!! Wonderful take on the IC-room too!!! Happy Easter weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

Dawn B. said...

Wanda this is so pretty. I love the soft colors you chose. Great job on this challenge..

Betty Wright said...

Beautiful, Wanda! Wonderful colors, pattens, and coloring! LOVE that ribbon detailing and design! Great looking card!