Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Mercy's Sketch with Betty's Colors



Betty's Color Challenge on SCS was to use Cameo Coral, Ruby Red, Blush Blossom & Creamy Caramel or Close to Cocoa were an optional addition. Now that was truly a challenge because I RARELY ever use those colors. I decided to ink up this little tulip basket that I won as a free set during Saleabration. I also used my new Labels Ten Nesties which fit in with Mercy Kerin's Tuesday Sketch Challenge - always love to kill 2 birds with one stone! The caramel panel was stamped in Ruby Red using the French Script BG stamp; then I stamped again in Cameo Coral using the Sanded BG stamp, however, it doesn't show up well in the photo. Some quick coloring with Copics, a layered flower & some twine finished it off. I had to sneak in a little green...mainly because I wanted to use the new English Ivy border punch. There you have it...thanks for stopping by to visit...

STAMPS: A Flower for All Seasons (SU), Thankful Hearts (VERVE) - sentiment, French Script & Sanded BG (SU)
PAPER: Ruby Red, Cameo Coral, Creamy Caramel, Wild Wasabi (yay, it's coming back!), GP white
INK: Ruby Red, Black
ACCESSORIES: Twine, CB, Labels Ten Nesties, Ghost shape, Blossoms II die, Daisy punch, Brad, English Ivy border punch

8 comments:

Edna Morrisedie said...

Great use of the sketch Wanda, love the border punch, adds a nice flow... great combo of colours too!

Julia Aston said...

Nice job with the sketch Wanda! what a pretty basket and layered flower! Love the text panel on this!

Joanne Travis said...

Wanda, Happy Birthday a day late!! I am so sorry I missed your actual special day. I was joking the other day that soon I will have to write everything down to be able to remember and have to start wearing my magnifying glasses on a chain around my neck :) Actually I think I am already there!!
Hope you day was really great!!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I like to combine challenges too, and that sketch is wonderful! I love the little image and the new nestie! Weren't these colors fun????

Peggy said...

Very pretty! Love the layout and the clear flower is the perfect touch!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wanda - such a pretty card~~ it is easier to do with Mercy's sketch though huh? LOL. Love the font on your sentiment~~

Bonnie McLain said...

Pretty card... love the little basket in the center... so cute... The colors all seem to flow nicely too... Love that new border punch.. NICE... just might have to get that one..

Mary Marsh said...

great work on both challenges-and you used some new tools-great border punch