Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Courage



Just had to create something for Roxie's Sketch Challenge on SCS, so brought out some new goodies. Love this new sentiment with Verve's newly released Blue Skies set: Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.' It was stamped in navy on a saffron notebook page image (also from this set). I stamped the navy flourish on some yellow DP then ran it through the CB with the butterfly embosslit from SU where it die cut the shape plus embossed it. Later, I wished I had made the pale blue strip navy...but too late to tear it apart. It is what it is.
STAMPS: Blue Skies (Verve)
PAPER: 365 Degrees by PinkPsislee, Red Riding Hood
INK: Night of Navy
ACCESSORIES: Petals-a-Plenty EF, CB, Butterfly Embosslit (SU), Sheer navy ribbon (SU), Vintage button (PTI)

3 comments:

Marisa said...

That is such a fabulous sentiment and I like how you did the butterfly :D Great SCS sketch this week - going to have to try it out!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Lucky you to already have your vervage!! I am jealous but hopeful mine will arrive soon! Looks great with the little BFLY!

Dawn B. said...

I LOVE this sentiment. It is so true isn't it.. Some of the most courageous people I know do it with such dignity.. Gorgeous card Wanda.. I love all those colors together..