Tuesday, July 20, 2010

DTGD Again!


I squeezed in another DTGD challenge before heading to work...this DVD sleeve is easy to make and serves as pretty packaging - Toy's challenge for DTGD. I used movie ticket DP by Tim Holtz and because the wrap covers a movie, it qualifies for Suzanne Dean's DTGD 'At the Movies' challenge as well. The shabby flower was created from wide twill tape (for directions, see the link in my side bar to Jenni's tutorial).
STAMPS: Vintage Labels (SU) - tag
PAPER: Tim Holtz Paper Stash Lost & Found
INK: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Tea Dye)
ACCESSORIES: MS Optic Dot punch, Top note die (SU), Button, Twill tape, tag die



I combined 2 of the Dare to Get Dirty Challenges with Betty's Color Challenge on SCS:
Passionate for Pattern by notimetostamp - use 2 to 3 different patterned papers
Sketch by leighobrien
Colors - Regal Rose, Old Olive Peach Parfait

I'll have to admit I cringe when I combine pinks/reds with orange but found BasicGrey's Green at Heart pad saved the day! If you haven't already, join in the fun this week and dare to get dirty, too! You need to be a fan club member, but that's easy to do and so worth it to join! Look for details HERE.

STAMPS: Blooming Button Bits (PTI), Vintage Labels (SU) - sentiment
PAPER: Green at Heart DP (BasicGrey), White
INK: Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie
ACCESSORIES: CB, Nesties, Tag die, MS Butterfly sticker, Vintage buttons (PTI), Ribbon, Scallop border punch (SU)

6 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wonderful use of the colors! Your butterfly is outstanding!

Betty Wright said...

WOW! I never thought to make a DVD sleeve. Great idea and fabulous look! Okay...you totally worked the colors! Just beautifully done, Wanda!

Dawn B. said...

These are gorgeous. I LOVE the DVD case.. That looks easy to do... Your orange butterfly is so pretty... I can't tell if it is stamped or faux but I LOVE it.. Great job..

Francie G. said...

Wowza, beautiful, Wanda! That butterfly is amazing! Wonderful colors!

Peggy said...

Beautiful creations Wanda! I wandered over to SCS last night and geared up some ideas for the DTGD challenges!

Edna Morrisedie said...

You really did a great job with all the Challenges Wanda, I love the take with the DVD sleeve, just fab... and the sketchy little bit of lovely-ness with the gorgeous butterfly is fabbo dabbo doo!