Friday, August 6, 2010

Bring on the Shades...




...this is a BRIGHT colored post! I combined Amber's Viva la Verve Challenge to be inspired from master bedrooms with Silvia's Free 4 All Challenge to use a 'garden picken time' theme. We could use fruits or flowers and you know me...I will pick flowers any day when it comes to stamping! I chose the first bedroom with its bold black and white comforter, hot pink walls and pops of spring green. Amber's sketch was an easy and fun one to use and it allowed me to use my new border punch. Gotta use the new toys - lol! The dahlia layers were colored with Copics, cut out & popped with dimensionals. It's Friday and I'm off work but have lots of errands to run. Just had to create something to start my day off (and it's a late start thanks to the dear menopausal hormones that don't let you sleep for the majority of the night - Grrr!). Good day everyone!
STAMPS: Delightful Dahlia (PTI)
PAPER: Mambi Color Basics by Me & My Big Ideas, Raspberry Fizz (PTI), Neenah Solar White
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black
ACCESSORIES: Sizzix leaves die, Brads, EK Success border punch, Copics (RV06, RV09, Y35)

3 comments:

Marisa said...

This is fabulous, Wanda!! Love your take on the insp. piece. I'm drawn to this one as well and I hear you loud and clear re: flowers LOL! Have a great weekend :D

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very pretty colors! I am liking bright alot!

Peggy said...

Love the houndstooth on this one! Such a bright and fun card!