Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Wildflowers




Roxie's Sketch Challenge was combined with the Color Throwdown Challenge to use Pretty in Pink, Rose Red, So Saffron & Pear Pizzazz. The colors made me think of a flower garden, so I went to PTI's Life set to create a wildflower scene. I highlighted the flowers with a gold Spica pen, a clear star Sakura pen & a white gel pen. The jumbo rickrack border is a piece of cork sheet I ran through the CB. For the circle element of the sketch, I opted to use a butterfly instead.
STAMPS: Life by PTI
PAPER: Global Views DP (Deja Views), Rose Red, So Saffron, White
INK: Pear Pizzazz, Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, So Saffron
ACCESSORIES: Cork sheet, CB, MFT jumbo rickrack die, MS monarch butterfly punch, Kaiser pearls

9 comments:

Gail said...

Such a pretty card ,that's some big ric rac.

Hugs
Gail

Broni said...

Very pretty, Wanda! Love the cork ric rac!!

Marisa said...

There is a little green haze hovering over my head right now as I gaze at your MS butterfly punch LOL! I need to find that punch! Can't go wrong with Watercolour Trio and the ric rac looks great! Wonderful double challenge card.

Laura Pryor said...

Ooooooo, WANDA!!! This is great! I am in awe and in love with what you did with the colors this week!! Loving the cork, the stamped flowers, the background paper! This ia fab card!

Teresa Kline said...

Wanda, this is so pretty, you really did a good job with the flower files...have a great evening!

enjoy *~*

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful Wanda.. I have a set like this and was trying to figure out what to do.. Great butterfly. That is the perfect addition..

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous job with this sketch!!

dpkennedy said...

Ooh, just beautiful! Thanks so much for playing the Color Throwdown!

Kristin Eberline said...

Wanda, this is beautimus! Love those silhouette flowers and that pretty butterfly :]