Thursday, January 13, 2011

My Umbrella




The week is flying by and I still haven't used Karen Giron's sketch for her Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge until now. This card is also for Paper Cutz Challenge to use metal ( I used brads) and for the Pile it On challenge to use cute children. I just love October Afternoon's Thrift Shop DP which I combined with PTI's Ripe Avocado, Spring Moss and Distressed Dots papers. I paper-pieced the image and colored parts of it with Copics. My sewing machine is VERY old and it is not cooperating with me! Thankfully, most of the stitching was covered up - lol!
STAMPS: Pure Innocence 'My Umbrella' by MFT
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black
ACCESSORIES: Circle & Lacey Circle Nesties, Word window punch (SU), Grass die (MFT), Brads

9 comments:

Vicki Burdick said...

so cute!!!

Katie said...

Adorable card, love the paper piecing!
Thanks for Piling It On this week :)

Wendy said...

How adorable, Wanda! I love these PI girls and the October Afternoon papers! So yummmy! Awesome job on the challenge! :)

Marjorie said...

So cute! I love the grass border!

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a sweet card wanda-I love the pi images-this is one of my faves

Marisa said...

Darling use of Karen's sketch! Love the grass and the paper pieced umbrella. Great card.

Francie G. said...

Such a sweet image! Love all the papers and colors. Adorable, Wanda!

Peggy said...

I just love the way you put the grass on this one! Adorable card!

Tina said...

Such an adorable card! I love those PI images, aren't they the cutest ;)
Thanks so much for the blog award!! I'll be sure to pass it on. I enjoy visiting your blog as well. Thanks for all the inspiration!