Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Color Challenge


Julia has a great monochromatic Color Challenge on SCS today: River Rock, Lucky Limeade & Garden Green. The dessert option is to make it Irish or add a blessing.  The Irish blessing is very subtle on this card and was stamped off once using Soft Suede ink on a River Rock tag using an MFT tag die.  The BG was created by brayering Lucky Limeade ink over a houndstooth EF then embossing it.  The butterfly punch was sponged with the 2 different greens.  This will be going out to our pastor who had back surgery and is having a difficult recovery time. 

STAMPS: Loving Thoughts (SU), Take it to Heart (SU), Blessings (Verve)
PAPER: River Rock, Lucky Limeade, Garden Green, Vintage Cream
INK: Lucky Limeade, Garden Green, Soft Suede
ACCESSORIES: Houndstooth EF, Butterfly punch by MS, Jute twine by May Arts, Tag die by Lil' Inker Designs, Tag You're It Dienamic by MFT, Leafy Flourish Dienamic by MFT, Antique brad (SU).

3 comments:

Luanne said...

Wanda, this is so pretty! I'm hoping to use these colors tonight on a card I have half made...!

Just wanted you to know too, that I chose you as one of my favorite places to get inspiration. I love the colors you use and of course the use of fabulous Verve!

You can read about the "Liebster Award" on my blog. Thanks!!

Vickie Z said...

Okay...monochromatic....I'm so not good at that but, I need to stretch my wings...right!?!? Thinking...thinking... Lovely card!

Marisa said...

Happy sigh....loving all that green :) Great use of the tag and layering. Lovely card.