Saturday, April 21, 2012

Partridge in a Bird Cage


It's been a wonderful Saturday being off work and feeling free of all those work-related stressors! Yup...it's been a trying week...very short-staffed and more emergencies and stress than normal in the clinic!  So, today I'm working on laundry...grocery shopping...and now some stamping! You might think I've lost my marbles by posting a Christmas card, but this is for Stacy Morgan's DD (both current and alumni) Christmas Challenge for April where she's chosen the theme: A Partridge in a Pear Tree. We are to use a bird on our card, so I placed this one in a cage rather than a pear tree - lol!  The cage is die cut from kraft CS and sponged with tea dye distress ink.  I dug into my archives for some Mellow Moss CS for the leaves.  I just thought that shade of green blended in better with the DP.  Thanks for stopping by and hope you're having a great w/e!

STAMPS: Holly Jolly Sentiments by Lil Inker Designs
PAPER: Mistletoe (Memory Box Co.), Kraft, White, Mellow Moss
INK: Tea dye distress ink by Tim Holtz, Versafine Onyx Black, Always Artichoke
ACCESSORIES: Mini jingle bells by SU, Jute twine, Caged bird die by Tim Holtz, Flag die by Lil Inker Designs, Gold adhesive dots, Star charm, Distressing tool.

1 comment:

Marisa said...

Very well done, Wanda! Lovely touch with the staining on the bird. I NEED that poinsettia nestie - hoping a LSS will get it in shortly.