Sunday, June 17, 2012

Viva la Verve & CASEing Cathy


I wanted to play with the CAS Viva la Verve Challenge that Janelle posted on Friday and was trying to come up with something for inspiration. That's when I remembered that Cathy McCauley (aka cathymac) is this week's queen for the day on SCS, so I went to her gallery, and WOW, what an incredible gallery it is!  She has so many wonderful cards, but the card HERE is what triggered my plan for my card. I loved the green gingham checks for the BG and the way she stamped her sentiment right on the DP!  I've had these cameos from Webster's Pages for quite awhile, so the small oval element in the sketch was just the cue I needed to use one!  Since the DP had stitching as part of the pattern, I stitched around the edge of the gingham panel.

We had a gorgeous day in VA today...sunny...not too hot... a slight breeze...just my perfect kind of day of weather!  Hope your corner of the world was good to you today as well!

STAMPS: Because of You (Verve)
PAPER: "Vintage Marketplace" Bazzill Basics Paper
INK: Versafine Onyx Black
ACCESSORIES: Silhouette by Webster's Pages, Banner die by 'Lil Inker Designs, Rhinestones.

1 comment:

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous colors and papers!