Friday, April 19, 2013

Deconstructed Sketch


I needed a birthday card for our middle son who turns 27 on Sunday! Wow...where in the world did the years all go? One day he's being potty trained and the next day I'm helping to plan for a wedding! I always struggle with masculine birthday cards, but wanted to play along with Jen's Deconstructed Sketch Challenge, so think this will work.  If he doesn't like the card, I know he'll like the money inside - lol!  I sponged the oval with Soft Sky ink while it was still in the Nestie to give a subtle shading effect.  The butterfly is a new wooden embellishment given by a coworker for my birthday...fun! 

STAMPS: Hope Blooms (Verve)
PAPER: The Sweetest Thing - Bluebell by MME, White

1 comment:

Mary Marsh said...

this is a great masculine card Wanda-and of course your son will love it-because you made it with love-I hear ya about the years flying by-I see by grandkids going at that same rapid pace