Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Right on Target


 After getting dirty all afternoon in my flower beds, it was time to cool down in my stamp room! I was in awe of this bright "color pie" that was the trigger photo for the Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger Challenge!  I began by taking a "slice" of the pie and chose to use the colors in that slice to create a pennant tag (aka pie shape).  I love this Peacock Pretties stamp set from the new Reverse Confetti stamp company...so fun to create unique backgrounds!  I used Basic Gray, Certainly Celery, Wisteria Wonder, Soft Suede and Crumb Cake and stamped twice with each color - once with full ink and then stamping the second time for a light, muted shade of the colors.  I then swiped some Gumball Green and Perfect Plum inks on a large spatter BG stamp and stamped over the entire pennant.  The feather was stamped in Certainly Celery, then re-inked to stamp slightly to the right using Perfect Plum ink.  I fussy cut it, layered it on plum CS and cut again.  It gave the feather a heavier weight to pop with foam dots on the pennant.  Some light green rhinestones and jute twine threaded through a couple of eyelets finished it off!  I'll enjoy displaying it on my desk until time to add it to a gift bag.

Supplies used...
STAMPS: Peacock Pretties (Reverse Confetti), Sentiment Flags by Lil Inker Designs, Spatter BG by Impression Obsession.
PAPER: Certainly Celery, Perfect Plum, White.
ACCESSORIES: Nested Pennants die by Spellbinders, Jute twine, Eyelets, Rhinestones by Recollections.

5 comments:

jen del muro said...

You are ROCKIN' this set!! :)

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!! ~~~ I LOVE all things peacock!!!! I'll def have to check this stamp set out!!! :) :) :)

Joan Ervin said...

I just love your take on the trigger, Wanda...what a great idea to use the pie shape for your beautiful tag!!!!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Wanda! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Amy Sheffer said...

Cool take on the trigger! Love what you've done with the Peacock Pretties set!