Friday, January 17, 2014

Viva la Verve



The new Viva la Verve challenge is posted with both a new sketch and an inspiration photo to get the mojo flowing!  I needed a birthday card and knew the recipient wouldn't be a fan of purple, so only pulled the yellow and gray color tones from the photo.  That fabulous table inspired me to choose this charm and to go with stars for embellishments.  All the reflection from lights in the photo inspired me to add a small border of silver glitter cardstock.  I heat embossed the sentiment with clear EP to give it more definition.

STAMPS: Chevron Love (Verve); Notebook Paper Plain Jane (Verve).
PAPER: Breeze 6x6 pad by My Mind's Eye, Going Gray, Basic Gray, So Saffron, Glitter CS (SU), White.
INK: Versafine Onyx Black
ACCESSORIES: Paper doily by Wilton, Scallop frame die by Verve, Postage stamp Die-Namics by MFT, Jute twine, Charm, Wood veneer stars by Studio Calico, Stitched square dies by Lil Inker Designs.


3 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, this is fabulous, Wanda! Love the yellow & grey and all your little star elements!

Marisa said...

You rocked that sketch! It worked me over really well LOL! Love the grey and yellow and star charm :)

Michelle said...

A beautiful card.... oh how I love the grays and yellows together!