Monday, March 24, 2014

Mojo Monday


Hey, hey, hey...it's Mojo Monday Challenge time and Debbie Carriere has a really fun layout with an angled panel that I always love! There's a real baby boom going on in my side of the family and I was needing another baby card for a niece and her husband.  Emery the elephant is always one of my "go to" Verve images for baby cards and this time he got paper pieced.  Because I had so many patterns going on, I opted for a die cut sentiment that was bold. I cut it out in two different colors and offset them a bit for some added interest.  I wasn't planning on sequins, but two tiny ink spots forced me into that option - lol!  I like to take a black Copic marker and run along the edges of my paper pieced images.  I wasn't patient enough to let it dry completely and yep...you guessed it...I smeared a bit on the yellow circle. I'm loving a quote I heard recently and it fits so well with this card: A mistake is not a mistake - it's an opportunity for embellishment! :-)

For more inspiration, check out the first 7 thumbnails on the Mojo Monday blog, OR...you can visit each mojomaker's blog listed below:

  Teresa Kline

STAMPS: Emery Plain Jane (Verve)
PAPER:  Dwell Six by Six by MME, Textured yellow CS (? Bazzill)
ACCESSORIES: Pennant Trim die by Verve, Baby die by PTI, Circle Nestabilities by SB, Sequins by Verve.

6 comments:

Debbie Carriere said...

So sweet, Wanda!!! Love Emery!!

Marisa said...

Oh how I love Emery, especially in polka dots. Great shadowed sentiment too.

Patti said...

SWEET!

Unknown said...

Really cute baby card. I will be using your card as inspiration.

OlgaB said...

Love the papers!

Anonymous said...

Love your card!