Thursday, August 14, 2014

Seize the Sketch


I was playing around with these awesome new 2 and 3-step stamped images from Altenew's Painted Flowers set earlier today and stamped a couple of panels of flowers.  After I got home from my second shift nursing job, I found the current Seize the Sketch challenge and thought I could put one of the panels to good use with this layout.  The white background was embossed using the Charles embossing folder by Cuttlebug.  The sentiment is a label look-a-like from Altenew's Label Love set.  I didn't want to cover up much of the floral design, so chose a ghost shaped heart by Heidi Swapp to embellish.  I had a trimming mistake on the black mat and had to cover up my goof with a punched photo corner.  I actually liked the look of the black accent, so decided I'd just say it was part of my plan all along - lol! 

INK: WPlus 9 Pure Colors: Flamingo and Mojito; Black Licorice by MFT.

Thanks for stopping by...always appreciate your kind comments!

3 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...

Gorgeous card! Love the background, the label sentiment and of course that ghost heart.
Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

1CardCreator said...

Great card, love all the great details on this too. So glad I saw you at Seize the Sketch! ~Diane

Colleen Dietrich said...

Those roses really grabbed my attention from the gallery at Seize The Sketch, Wanda! I love it. :)

Thanks so much for joining us!