Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Color Throwdown



Seriously..are you ready for some fab new colors for this week's Color Throwdown challenge? Did you notice we are no longer listing the color names?  We will show the swatch and it will be up to you to match whatever brand ink you prefer to keep it close to the photo colors!  Vickie is our hostess and has chosen a fun quilt for our inspiration!  I went with some hexagons to create this clean design and figured it was an element that had a hint of a quilting theme - as did the stitched rectangle and butterfly!


I cut two of the 'seriously' dies and glued them together for increased sturdiness.  When a number of the CTD team members got together for a fun weekend last spring, we shopped at Hobby Lobby one morning and I am FINALLY using a product I found in the clearance section!  What in the world was I waiting for?!  It's a jar of textured embossing paste that contains stone to simulate the look of sand, granite or marble.  It has a nice rough texture to it and I love the look!  I used it with a Hero Arts tweed pattern stencil.

STAMPS: TextStyle Happy Hexagons by PTI; Freebie sentiment by Verve.
PAPER: Pacific Point, Marina Mist, Basic Gray, White.
INK: Bliss Blue, Marina Mist, Lucky Limeade, Versafine Onyx Black.
ACCESSORIES: Stitched butterfly and rectangle dies, Seriously die by Lil Inker Designs; Fishtail Flags Die-Namics by MFT; Ferro Special Effect Paste by Creative Imaginations; Tweed pattern stencil by Hero Arts.

Be sure and play along with us this week and you just might be in the spotlight next week by being our guest star stamper!  You don't have to have exact colors to play along, but you do need to have a close resemblance.  Be sure and link your creation to the linky tool at the bottom of the current challenge post on the Color Throwdown Challenge blog.
 

Want some more inspiration from the rest of the design team?  Check them out below...
Barbara Anders
Broni Holcombe 
Joan Ervin 
Jodi Collins 
Lori Tecler 
Monika Davis 
Vickie Zimmer 
Wanda Cullen 
Lisa Henke, September Guest Designer

9 comments:

KimCreate said...

I seriously LOVE this card!

Lisa H. said...

So great. I love the stripes and the hexagon and I seriously loooove that seriously word die!

Marisa said...

LOVE those stitched butterflies - on to my wish list they go! Darling card!!

Jodi Collins said...

Seriously? This is AMAZING!!! I ADORE the layout, the butterfly, the word die cut...I LOVE it all!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Wanda. Love the way you used the colors. The layered butterfly looks so sweet.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Terrific design, Wanda and great layout!

Joan Ervin said...

Seriously awesome, Wanda!!!! What a fabulous design with the hexagons and the beautiful blue butterfly...love this!!!!

Barbara said...

I love this scrappy design, Wanda!! Makes my heart sing!

Betty Wright said...

I just love the elements and how you used the colors. The layered stitched butterflies are adorable! Lovely card, Wanda!