Friday, October 31, 2014

Technostamper Sketch Challenge



Good Friday everyone! I found a new (to me) challenge with a wonderful sketch this week: Technostamper Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge! Didn't I warn you earlier in the week you'd be seeing a stream of Christmas creations? :-)  This is a rather masculine version and it highlights a tree I created using 3 different images from SU's Work of Art set.  It also is a sneak peek of a sentiment and a star die that Our Daily Bread Designs will be releasing tomorrow morning at 8:00 AM EST, so check out that blog site HERE to see all the new goodies that will be available!

I used patterned paper from SU's Trim the Tree stack as my starting point. Let me just inject here how much I LOVE that they are making papers in smaller patterns (4 1/2" x 6 1/2") for us cardmakers.  The scale is so much better than many of the 12 x 12 patterns.  Anyhoo...it matches Sahara Sand so I stamped the tree in Garden Green on SS cardstock.  I had these light gold sticker gems from Recollections that were a good match.  Of course, every Christmas tree needs some sparkle, so the star is from SU's silver glitter CS.  I tweaked the ribbon placement (Soft Suede taffeta) slightly since my panels were sized differently from the sketch photo.  There you have it...a monochromatic, masculine Christmas card! Thanks for stopping by...I always love to hear from you!

3 comments:

MJ said...

Very pretty and very creative. Love the tree with those stamps, thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week!

LeAnne said...

This is fabulous! Definitely pin-worthy and I can't wait to try out one of these trees for myself! Ingenious!

Petra Swart said...

Love your masculine X-mas card, Wanda!!! That tree is stunning and I love the silver star and the bling!!!