Thursday, August 20, 2015

Life of an Oiler


I'm straying from my usual paper crafting posts to share a newly found passion! Young Living essential oils!  It's always bothered me a lot to spray on the high levels of chemicals in most commercial bug sprays, so one of the first things on my oily wish list was to get the ingredients to make my own safe spray.  I also struggle with insomnia and wanted an alternative to help me sleep - other than pills.  When a local friend posted how much oils helped her on FB, it peaked my interest.  I met with her and another oiler who shared their experience and the rest is history!

My photo above shows a lipstick or nail polish caddy that I found at TJ Maxx and it works perfectly for storing my glass roller bottles.  I keep a Young Living EO file on Pinterest and have it full of many different "recipes" and helpful tips.  You can refer to it here:  https://www.pinterest.com/cullenwr/young-living-essential-oils/.

Bug/Tick Repellent: Palo Santo (the only EO that works for ticks!) 10 drops, Peppermint 5 drops, Purification 20 drops.  Fill glass bottle with non-alcohol Witch Hazel or distilled water (or 1/2 of each). 

My project this week was to mix up a LINEN SPRAY using 30 drops lavender, 1/3 cup water and 1 tablespoon witch hazel in a glass spray bottle.  Before using, it's important to shake it well.

I also want to share my SLEEPY BLEND roller bottle recipe:  10 drops Lavender, 10 drops Cedarwood, 10 drops Orange in a 10ml roller.  Fill the rest with carrier oil (I like to use Young Living's V-6).  

I also love to diffuse oils on a daily basis.  Not only does it smell good, but it's acting as a mini humidifier!  I have many, many different combinations that I diffuse and today it's a newly released oil called Northern Lights Black Spruce.  LOVE it!

That's all the oily news for today.  I'll be adding more of my fave oil uses from time to time and I'll be happy to answer any questions if you are interested in learning how to add them to your life to enhance wellness!

3 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

where you get the diffuser?

Lisa Lynn said...

When I worked in a Nursing Home we would use lavender a lot to help with sleep to try to reduce giving meds. We would use lotions, diffusers, and even just put drops on pillowcases.

Mimi said...

Hi Wanda, I was cruising your blog, appreciating your cards when I came across this! I am an oil-lover, also! Thanks for your recipes! I am currently enjoying a diffused mix of patchouli, tangerines, and peppermint! Cheers!