Thursday, August 6, 2015

Sweet Sunday Sketch



I'm using Karen's sketch (in a flipped version) for her Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge and combining it with Tenia's and Susie's fun Dare to Get Dirty challenges on SCS! I can't go into Tenia's technique details for the background, but I will say it was simple and fun!  I've had this crazy bird stamp set for some time and I'm FINALLY inking it up!  They make me laugh every time I see them!  I stamped the bird over the background glossy paper panel and also stamped it on X-Press It Blending Card so I could color it easily with Copics.  I fussy cut and paper pieced it...adding the hat from Paper Smooches Chubby Chum Pals stamp set.  I turned the sentiment bubble upside down by inking only the outline in black, stamped it, then inked the whole stamp again with TH Twisted Citron distress ink, wiped off the outline area and stamped the words in the previously stamped bubble.  Hope that makes sense - lol!  I'm not happy with how different the two white papers are together, so am thinking I need to revamp this card when I have more time.  The glossy panel looks much too gray. :-(

STAMPS: Crazy Birds (Tim Holtz Collection by Stampers Anonymous), Chubby Chums Pals by Paper Smooches, Just Sayin' by SU.
PAPER: White Georgia Pacific, Glossy CS, X-Press It Blending Card.
INK: Ripe Persimmon, Twisted Citron, Fossilized Amber distress inks; Memento Tuxedo Black.
ACCESSORIES: Stitched rectangle die by Lil' Inker Designs; Flag It die set by Verve; Sequins; Copics.

1 comment:

~amy~ said...

Such a fun card, those guys crack me up!