Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Hello Fall


I love the brisk, fall temps and all the warm colors of the season which inspired me to make a card using the current warm palette of the Color Q Challenge.  I combined it with the wonderful sketch for Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.  I used Altenew's Wood Palette BG stamp and added Weathered Wood distress ink to only a portion of the stamp using a large sponge dauber.  Next...three step stamping on the flowers (Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Memento Tuxedo Black) and 2 step stamping
on the leaves (Peeled Paint and Black) - after first die cutting the shapes.  The flower centers needed a little extra pop, so I gently added some black Enamel Accents by Inkssentials.  I had this gingham banner in my leftover pile for a LONG time, so have no idea of the paper origin.  A touch of twine and sequins finished it off. 

STAMPS: Pretty Peonies (WPlus9), Greetings and Salutations (WPlus9), Wood Palette Background (Altenew).

My diffuser smells so good right now with a mix of Christmas Spirit essential oil (no I'm not rushing Christmas but I love the hint of cinnamon in that oil mixture) and Northern Lights Black Spruce by Young Living!  Yes, I'm really into using oils to support so many different body systems! :-)  Thanks so much for stopping by...

1 comment:

Marisa said...

Squeeee!!!! Love your blog banner :) :) Gorgeous card too!