Sunday, November 29, 2015

Freshly Made Sketches



After returning from a 7 hour drive back from visiting my family in Ohio, I unpacked a few things and then retreated to my stamp room for a little break.  I love the current layout for the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge, so went with 2 of the same kind of card to build up my Christmas card stash some more!  I smooshed some Evergreen Bough distress ink on watercolor CS then die cut a banner flag after layering the washi tape over a scrap of white CS.  The branch was stamped with Pine Needles distress ink and the pine cones were inked up with Soft Suede by SU.  I added some coarse glitter and popped the pine cones with foam tape.  

  
STAMPS: Peaceful Pinecones (PTI).
PAPER: Tim Holtz watercolor CS, Soft Suede (SU), Brushed gold metallic CS.
ACCESSORIES: Stitched rectangle die by Lil' Inker Designs; Sequins; Washi tape by Tim Holtz; Glitter by Martha Stewart.

7 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

I love your smooshed watercoloring! Beautiful card! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Vickie Z said...

Love how you used the sketch!! Wonderful!

Becca Cruger said...

What a goooooorgeous card! I love that watercolor splatter of a background!! Just so beyond lovely

~amy~ said...

Wanda, this is beautiful!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fantastic card Wanda. Love the green water colored background with the pretty pine branch.

Jen Brum said...

What a beautiful card! Love that background and the sweet banner of music! So lovely for Christmas! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Karren said...

This is just gorgeous! The smooshed background looks fabulous and the music sheet banner and pine cones look wonderful against it. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.