Sunday, January 10, 2016

Essentially



 To church and then out for lunch at our favorite local Italian restaurant (best stuffed shells ever!) before hitting my stamp room to play with some new rubber.  Football playoffs in the background and I'm getting inky with some awesome new stamps from Impression Obsession!  I have been searching the internet for months to find images that I could use with a recent passion of mine - using essential oils!  When none were to be found, I made a suggestion to Dina Kowal - designer and oil lover - and she went with it and designed a set of stamps called Essentially - along with a number of individual stamps that coordinate with the set: Drops and Dropping In are two singles that I used.  Woohoo!  I LOVE the images and sentiments with the awesome fonts!  I went to SCS to check out the Featured Stamper challenge for inspiration.  They are highlighting the gallery of Gunilla.holmqvist and what a talented stamper!  I chose the colors she used in this card for my watercolor background... using Peacock Feathers and Twisted Citron distress inks on Tim Holtz
watercolor cardstock.  The oil bottles were colored with Copics.  I white embossed the droplets using Stampendous Detail White EP prior to added the distress inks.  The bottles were fussy cut and popped with foam tape.
DIES: Stitched rectangle (Lil' Inker Designs); Stitched Fishtail Flags STAX Die-Namics by MFT.
PAPER: Hawaiian Shores, Limeade Ice, and White by PTI.


 

1 comment:

Becca Cruger said...

What a gorgeously soft color scheme - love the artful wash of colors in the background! Just divine!