Thursday, April 14, 2016

Inspired by Ads



Sabrina has a fun Ways to Use It Challenge on SCS - be inspired by ads!  I needed a birthday card for my son and I kept hearing the Disney commercial theme song in my brain "When you wish upon a star...makes no difference who you are".  It fit right in with the current As You See It Challenge #131 where they're asking us to use splatter, tape, diagonal, light blue and star elements.  Edited to add: I missed the deadline. :-( And as they say...the rest is history and my son's birthday card was completed!

After choosing the diagonal striped DP (from Doodlebug Design's Sugar Shoppe pad), I then splattered Heidi Swapp's Color Shine in gold.  The sentiment die and stamp is from WPlus9's Whole Lotta Happy set.  Stitched stars and rectangle are by Lil' Inker Designs and Stitched Fishtail Flags STAX Die-Namics die for the sentiment banner is by MFT.  

Thanks for stopping by...I always enjoy hearing your comments!

1 comment:

Petra Swart said...

Such a pity you missed the deadline, Wanda!!! This is such a beautiful card - love the colours, the stripes, all the stars, the washi, how you've done the sentiment - everything is just perfect!!! For sure your son is going to loooooooove this card - I do!!!!
Have a great day!!!
Hugz