Monday, April 11, 2016

Retrosketches & The Challenge




 I'm needing a ton of birthday cards this month, so this is one more checked off my list. I used the colors in The Challenge #68 - hot pink, green, teal, yellow - and paired it with the layout for the Retrosketches Challenge #210. 

I stamped a couple of washi tape images in Bermuda Bay ink from SU's Tape It stamp set.
The florals are from the Wildflower stamp set by Concord and 9th - stamped in Melon Mambo then fussy cut. Instead of solid coloring, I used a Copic marker (Y06) and stippled the petals.  They were then layered with a matching floral die.  Leaves were punched using the bird punch by SU. The sentiment was stamped twice using my MISTI and I'm loving the bold font from Altenew's Painted Greetings set. It was then die cut using MFT Die-Namics.  Enamel dots were the finishing touch!

While creating this card, I was playing a couple of episodes from the Outlander series (season #1)...SO VERY GOOD!!  I'm not typically a binge show watcher, but this one has me hooked - lol!  Thanks so much for stopping by! 

5 comments:

Petra Swart said...

WOW, those flowers are simply stunning, Wanda!!!! Beautiful card!!!
Hugz

Diane Jaquay said...

I LOVE those flowers, Wanda!! Thanks for playing along with us at The Challenge!

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful! Love your take on the sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Retro Sketches!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oooo! Love those layered dies, and your stamped Washi is too fun! Great take on the inspiration photo! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Challenge!

EYSchmitt said...

Love this card!