Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Bear Hugs For You

Whoa! It's the last Wednesday in June already...slow down summer!! Vickie is our Color Throwdown Challenge hostess this week, and she's got a yummy color combo for us!  With kraft and brown as 2 of the 4 colors, I knew I wanted to get out my Copics and color up one these RC critters!  I went with this sweet little bear from the Bear Hugs set.  I'm also playing along with the current Tag, You're It! challenge and was inspired by the angled pair of tags in their photo.


I stamped the bear with Memento Tuxedo Black on X-Press It
Blending Card then colored with Copics (E31, E33, E35, E57, R12, Y06, Y18).  Patterned paper is from My Mind's Eye "On the Bright Side" 6x6 pad.  I added some shimmer to the daisies with a clear Wink of Stella brush pen.  I have to tell on myself and my major mistake!  This was my first time using this bear die cut and I totally forgot to remove the little daisy die that was attached in the center of the bear's face where the nose would be.  All colored up and then he ends up with a daisy shaped nose cut out!  Ugh!  Rather than color the entire image a second time, I just did the face and fussy cut and adhered it over the "mistake".  Bet I don't ever forget to check my dies first anymore!


Reverse Confetti dies used: Falling Confetti, Bear Hugs, Hang Ups, Topped Off Tag. 

A big thank you to Kara Vrabel for guesting with us this month!  Stay tuned to see who our July guest designer will be!

To get all the details on how to play along with the challenge, please go to the Color Throwdown blog and check out the info on the right sidebar!  You can also check out the rest of the design teams' creations for more inspiration on the CTD blog.. or you can clink on their blog links below.
Amy Rohl
Barbara Anders  
Broni Holcombe   
Joan Ervin
Jodi Collins 
Lisa Henke
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put  
Vickie Zimmer 
Wanda Cullen (you are here)
Kara Vrabel - June Guest Designer    
 

4 comments:

Nancy Thomas said...

Absolutely adorable Wanda! That koala is on my wish list.

Petra Swart said...

Oh, this is soooooo cute, Wanda!!! He is such an adorable little guy and you were so clever rescuing him without having to do all the colouring again!!!! Love the cute little daisies and the fun tags and white spots!!!! Such a sweet card!!!!
Hugz

Broni said...

How fun that we both went with a rustic red background! Love your little koala!!

Bobby said...

Your bear is darling, Wanda, and he's perfect on that rustic red background. I'm glad you shared this with us at Tag You're It! this week.