Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Bright Hello


Good morning blog friends! I started this card late last night when I saw the Tag, You're It Challenge with the gorgeous inspiration tag by Donna Mikasa!  Jen M. has a great square sketch today for the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #245, so I paired the two together for this 4 1/2" square card.  I had this yellow watercolored CS leftover from a previous project and the largest of WPlus9's Timeless Tags 2 dies fit the piece perfectly.  The watercolored flower and leaves were also in my leftover stash, so this came together very quickly.  I wanted to incorporate the black and white stripe element from Donna's tag, so this Scotch
washi tape (a find at Target) was perfect.  While she white embossed her images, I went with gold embossing. Remember when seam binding was all the rage and I couldn't seem to create any cards without using it?  I have tons of ribbon and was happy to use some of it once again!

STAMPS: Peony Scrolls (Altenew), Painted Greetings (Altenew).
WATERCOLOR PAINTS: Gold Mission

I'll close by sharing a photo from a visit to Chick-Fil-A's Cow Appreciation Night last evening!  Who knew Quinn would be so udderly excited at meeting the cow!  (I know...pun is totally lame - lol!)


She could hardly eat for yelling out "Cow, cow!"...trying to get him to come to our table...which he eventually did.  Nana's cow mask and Eat More Chikin' sign met with protest from Miss Q, so daddy ended up wearing it instead! In all the excitement, I realized I never got a picture of daddy.  😞

4 comments:

Just Me said...

love your card...that flower is awesome thanks for sharing

Susan K said...

Your card popped out for me in the gallery; just wanted to say how pretty! TFS

Petra Swart said...

Oh, I love the bright yellow tag with the lovely red flower and bow, Wanda!!! And the B&W stripes are really striking and add such a lot to the beautiful look of your card!!!!! The enamel dots are placed perfectly!!!! Wonderfully done, my friend!!!
Hugz

Karren said...

Gorgeous card! The black and white stripes really pop and draw attention to your wonderful tag! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.