Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Color Throwdown #401



Happy hump day everyone! You know that means another Color Throwdown Challenge is on board and our hostess - Amy Rysavy - has some beautiful colors for us! I typically don't gravitate toward purple, but this ended up being a really fun combination to work with! Here is my take on it (and note that I voted green as a neutral - lol!).


I'm also playing along with the current Retrosketches Challenge #222 and really loved this layout!  I had these frames in my leftover pile (Quadrangle Frames dies by Simon Says Stamp), so adhered them over some watercolor CS that I painted with purple (mixed with white) Gold Mission watercolors.
I used WPlus9 inks for everything except the black sentiment.  The stripes were stamped with Cockleshell ink on MFT's Diagonal Stripes BG stamp using a MISTI.  Florals were triple stamped using Sweet Gelato and Miami Spice.  The leaves were stamped with Mojito.  I love the light gray ink (Fairy Dust) that was used on the sentiment collage stamp over the background.
Once again you see the mini scallop border die by Reverse Confetti.  Some purple twine and some clear sequins were the final touches.  

STAMPS: Watercolored Anemones (WPlus9), Greetings and Salutations (WPlus9), Diagonal Stripes BG (My Favorite Things).

Congrats to Katrina Buffton - our guest star stamper this week!

To get all the details on how to play along with the challenge, please go to the Color Throwdown blog and check out the info on the right sidebar!  You can also check out the rest of the design teams' creations for more inspiration on the CTD blog.. or you can clink on their blog links below.
Amy Rohl

Barbara Anders  
Broni Holcombe   
Joan Ervin
Jodi Collins 
Lisa Henke
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put  
Vickie Zimmer 
Wanda Cullen (you are here) 

Kim Singdahlsen - July Guest Designer    



5 comments:

KimCreate said...

This card is super pretty!

Broni said...

So pretty, Wanda! I love those frames used with the flowers! Perfect match, I'd say!

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful! Love your take on this weeks sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Retro Sketches!

Petra Swart said...

Love the delicate frames and the pretty flowers, Wanda!!! Your watercoloured bg looks great and the little twine bow is lovely!!! So beautiful!!!
Hugz

Stampingcountry said...

That's so beautiful! Love your little frames.