Friday, December 9, 2016

Baby, It's Cold Outside!



That classic Christmas song has been going through my head today as the US has hit a cold spell in many areas! The Paper Players challenge has a snowflake theme going on, so I combined that with the new CAS(E) This Sketch challenge for a simple card to add to my Christmas stash.  I used SU's Bigz Snow Flurry die and cut twice - once on metallic silver CS and secondly on heavy weight vellum.
I alternated the layers...popping only a couple of them with foam dots.  The patterned paper is from Bo Bunny's Altitude Collection.  The sentiment die is from the Winter Words Confetti Cuts by Reverse Confetti.  I thought the rounded corners softened up the card a bit.  

Thanks for stopping by...

5 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

Wanda, I LOVE this card! SO many gorgeous snowflakes but that center beauty captures the show! The vellum and silver glitter is stunning! SO happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful take on the sketch!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love that patterned snowflake paper Wanda - for a moment I thought you'd stamped it by hand! The perfect background for that fabulous glittery diecut centrepiece too. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

Karren said...

Gorgeous in all its glittery beauty!

Peach said...

This card really stands out...stunning!
xOx
Peach
in NE Arizona