Friday, January 27, 2017

Where Creativity Meets C9



After seeing Jennifer McGuire's new video tutorial today on new versions of emboss resist, I knew I wanted to try out a new Tim Holtz blending tool and enter the Where Creativity Meets C9 Challenge #5 to "Try Something New".  What's pretty impressive IMO is that I created this card while babysitting a 2 year old and 6 month old!  Gotta love my grands and their nap times!  

I used PTI's white cardstock and clear embossed the images from C9's "Wildflower" stamp set.  I then added distress inks - Cracked Pistachio, Mowed Lawn, Peacock Feathers and Mermaid Lagoon - using the TH blending tool.  I previously always used sponges for blending, but this tool definitely gave better and smoother ink coverage!  The sentiment is from C9's "Love You, Mean It" stamp set.

Clean and simple yet a classy design that I will be using again and again!  Thanks so much for stopping by...

3 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

Amazing, how just cutting that strip adds so much interest Wanda.

Petra Swart said...

For sure classy and very beautiful, Wanda!!!! Love that narrow white strip!!!!! The embossed flowers are so lovely!!!! Stunning card!!!!!
Hugz

Lindsey said...

Wanda, this is so beautiful!! Your blending is perfection and the layout so fun. I'm definitely going to have to watch Jennifer's video. And yay for nap times! So glad you joined us for our Try Something New Challenge at Where Creativity Meets C9!