Saturday, March 18, 2017

Inspired By All The Little Things


Good Saturday everyone! I'm ready for a weekend off with no big plans other than catching up on some housework, watching some basketball playoff games and getting some stamping time in as well! There is a great new inspiration photo up for the latest Inspired By All The Little Things challenge.  This intense background of colors with purple as the primary color with a little hint of yellow and green led me to get out my sponges and a variety of distress inks to create a scene.  


I struggled with choosing a sentiment and finally went with an older Flourishes stamp set called 'You' which reflected what the sun rising after a dark night might symbolize.  The mountains stamp (Stampendous) is from my early stamping days and hasn't seen ink in years!  I masked the sun prior to sponging then added the silhouette tree die (Arboscello Tree by Memory Box) in the foreground.  I used the following distress inks: Spun Sugar, Dusty Concord, Seedless Preserves, Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, and Bundled Sage.  The white frame is a new (to me) die by Reverse Confetti called Lacy Scallop Frame.  I love the dual stitching detail paired with the tiny open scallop edge and wondered why I waited so long to order this die set - lol!

Our guest designer this week is Leanne Elliott of Banking on Crafts.  Welcome, Leanne!

I can't wait to see how YOU will interpret this challenge!  Hope to see you in the gallery!

2 comments:

Karen Day said...

Worth waiting for!! Such a gorgeous colour mix on your card, Wanda :o)

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful take on the inspiration photo, Wanda!