Monday, March 6, 2017

Nail Polish Marbling



I rarely play with PTI's Make It Monday Challenge, but decided to dust off some old bottles of nail polish to try the marbling technique as shown in Lizzie's tutorial HERE. I only used 3 colors (gold, plum and light pink) by different companies and they all reacted differently when hitting the water. One color sank to the bottom, the other sat as it should on top of the water and the third one spread out so thin over the top that it more or less disappeared entirely!  I went ahead with the next steps anyway and this background is the end result.  No award winner but still OK!  I'm also playing along with the CAS(E) This Sketch challenge...a classic layout by Michele Ferguson!

STAMPS: Larger Than Life (PTI).
PAPER: Rich Razzleberry (SU), Brushed gold (SU), White (PTI). 
INK: Rich Razzleberry (SU).
DIES: Larger Than Life (PTI), Wet Paint (PTI).

10 comments:

Liz M. said...

I like how you added flowers over the nail polish, allowing that to become your background! Very nice!!

Sarosa said...

I'm so relieved! I had the same result with this technique! Don't have the card made yet, but I do know I am unlikely to do this again ... it took me four tries to manage one decent piece, lol!

DIANA L. said...

Very pretty.

Nora Noll said...

This is so pretty!! I LOVE the colors you used and your matching die cuts on this card. Great design!!

Melanie Ann MacKenzie said...

Really pretty Wanda. The colours you chose to work with are so lovely. Cheers.

Petra Swart said...

Oh, I love the end result of the nail polish marbling, Wanda!!!! I should not have thrown away all my old nail polishes!!!! :( Love your die cuts and the dark card base!!!!! Beautiful!!!
Enjoy the rest of your day!!!
Hugz

Marisa said...

Fun colour combo and love the silhouettes. Fabulous work on all the other cards too! Just love your work!!!

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Wow, your colors matched perfectly!

Nancy Penir said...

Wanda, your card and bg are gorgeous! Such great colors! And I know what you mean about the problems of certain nail polishes in water. It was also hit or miss with me. I think I did about 20 pieces!

Skrater said...

Your background is beautiful and it works so well for the CASe this week. Lovely!