Thursday, March 30, 2017

Purple Haze



I had a special request for a card from a coworker. He wanted purple and black colors, so when I saw the new Card Concept Challenge, I wanted to share it there as well!  I chose the mixed
media style since I used at least 2 different mediums - watercoloring and texture paste - on my card.  The sentiment was computer generated (this is a special saying between him and his fiance`).  I used Mijello Mission Gold paints to watercolor the background.  I then splattered Black Soot distress ink and added Wendy Vecchi metallic silver embossing paste using a Heidi Swapp stencil.  The purple zigzag edge is from my fave Reverse Confetti die set - Edge Essentials.  I also die cut RC's Butterfly Dreams large butterfly out of vellum.  Over that, I layered Concord and 9th's Floral and Flutter die cut butterfly.  

Thanks so much for stopping by!  It's an overcast day here in VA but I'm feeling great knowing I have a 3 day weekend off work starting tomorrow!

6 comments:

Lyn Bernatovich said...

Love the richness of the background colors!!! Very pretty card.

Susan Powell said...

This is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept.

Esther Asbury said...

Beautiful card!! Love your watercolored background!
I'd love for you to link this up to the Cropstop blog where it's always anything goes as long as you use a few products from companies they carry in the store. (You did!)
You can check it out here:
www.cropstop.com/blog/cards/march-challenge-link-party-26

fannyseb said...

jolie carte....

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Wow! This is fantastic, Wanda! Love that bit of watercolor and all your perfect little trailing stars and splatters. So glad your could join us at The Card Concept.

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Gorgeous card! Love that butterfly and the stars! I'm sure your co worker was very pleased!!!
Thanks for joining us at the Card Concept!