Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Color Throwdown




It's that time again...another awesome color combo - coral, yellow, green and white - is on board for the Color Throwdown Challenge! It's also that time of the year when my age bumps up another notch - otherwise known as my birthday! I'll be heading out to work this afternoon so celebrating will have to happen another day!  🎂

Back to my card...I was tempted to go with florals, but this new butterfly cover plate die by PTI was calling my name!  I smooshed distress inks (Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Abandoned Coral, Mowed Lawn, Twisted Citron) on Ranger watercolor CS for the background.  I added Ken Oliver's Stick It adhesive paper to the back of some white CS prior to die cutting with my Big Shot.  Wow, does that step ever make it easy to adhere a large and fairly intricate die to a card!  


I then struggled with how I was going to add a sentiment, but white embossing on a vellum "belly band" came to the rescue.

STAMPS - Side by Side Sentiments by PTI.
DIES - Cover Plate: Butterfly Hope by PTI.

We're happy to have Annie Rosenstiel of Annie Rose Makes Things joining us as our Guest Star Stamper this week!  Be sure to stop by her blog and see her gorgeous take on the colors!
 
For more details on how to play along, head over to the Color Throwdown Blog and you'll find the information on the right sidebar!  You can also visit the rest of the design team's creations for more inspiration by clicking on the links below:

Amy Rohl 
Amy Rysavy
Barbara Anders  
Broni Holcombe (sitting it out this month) 
Jodi Collins 
Lisa Henke
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put  
Vickie Zimmer 
Wanda Cullen (you are here)  

Jeanne Jachna - April Guest Designer

1 comment:

Petra Swart said...

Oh, I was so glad that Facebook told me this morning that you are having your birthday today, Wanda!!!! - I would not have liked to miss your special day!!!! Having to work :( Oh no!!!! Well, whenever you have time to celebrate - enjoy!!!! Sending you lots of birthday wishes and hugz and hope that your day is lovely, my friend!!!! Eat lots of cupcakes!!!! Happy, happy birthday!!!!!
And your card is beautiful!!!! Love that stunning bg and the die cut butterfly frame!!! Great interpretation of the inspiration photo!!!!
Have a great day!!!
Birthday hugz