Monday, April 17, 2017

Mojo Monday



Good Monday everyone! I trust everyone had a blessed Easter! I know it was a VERY busy weekend at my place, but it was so worth it to have a tasty meal and fun times with the grands in the afternoon!  Julee's sketch for the new Mojo Monday Challenge had so many possibilities for this great layout, but I refrained from creating with flowers and went with a nautical Father's Day card instead.  I started out with papers from Carta Bella's Beach Boardwalk 6x6 pad.  I added a sailor's knot using cording and paper pieced the sailboat after deciding the card was just too bleh without it.   A few dew drop embellishments finished it off.

STAMPS: Strong Anchor and Learning to Sail - both by Verve.
INK: Night of Navy (SU); Memento Tuxedo Black.

I'll leave you with a few memories from my Easter Sunday...

 Our middle son, Mark, and his family

The egg hunt is on!  Looks like acorns need to be cleared out of my flower bed!

Nana and Pawpaw posing with Quinn (age 2 1/2) and Cash (age 8 1/2 months).

9 comments:

Tammy said...

I love your card! The knot detail on the cord is fabulous, too.

~amy~ said...

Such a fun card, love all things nautical.
Fun pics! It looks like Easter was FUN.

JoAnn said...

Love your masculine card.
Great family photos.

Hetty said...

What a wonderful card! Great male card inspiration.

Esther Asbury said...

I love your nautical themed card!

Marisa said...

Fabulous take on the sketch, Wanda!! You look like a very happy and proud grandma :)

Natalie Lapakko said...

Great colors and such a sweet card for Father's Day!

Petra Swart said...

Oh, WOW, i love this FD card, Wanda!!!! And I do like the little sailboat you added, a LOT!!!!!! Beautiful dotty paper and that sailor's knot is simply great!!!! Wonderfully done!!!!
Hugz

Petra Swart said...

Oops, forgot to say ...love the photo's of your loved ones!!! The little ones are so darling!!!!