Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Stenciled Watercolor Background




I'm fortunate to be off work again today and my plans to work outdoors got thwarted once again with the constant rain. No problem here! It gives me an excuse to create in my stamp room, so I joined in the fun on Nichole Heady's blog for the Make It Monday Challenge! Betsy Veldman has a video to create stenciled watercolor backgrounds and it's easier than you think.  I feel like I cheated by using my Zig Clean Color brush pens yet it uses the same process with the exception of "loading" my brush.  :-)   After taping down a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" panel of Tim Holtz distress watercolor cardstock topped off with a Simon Says Stamp's Chevron Pattern stencil, it was watercoloring time.  I chose four Zig brush pens: Pale Green, Light Blue, Cobalt Blue and Turquoise Green.  I gold embossed a sentiment (love that font!) from PTI's newly released Pen and Ink set on heavy weight vellum.  I adhered it to the card base using a light spray of Elmer's Craft Bond spray adhesive.  I embellished with a circle scribble die and a couple of leaves from PTI's Delightful Dahlia Additions stamp set with matching die.  

Time to head out the door and brave the elements!  Thanks so much for stopping by...

2 comments:

Sandy Kay said...

That is so pretty - love that sentiment!!

Esther Asbury said...

Oooh I love that beautiful background and the colors you chose to create it in! Gorgeous card!