Monday, May 29, 2017

Mojo Monday



Wow...this is the last Monday in May already, so that means it's a different shaped card for the Mojo Monday Challenge. Julee has chosen a square layout, so I went with a 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" base.  Since we're celebrating Memorial Day here in the US, I went with a sentiment that could be sent to someone who lost a loved one - whether they were in the military or not.  I first did a watercolor wash over the background using Evergreen Bough, Cracked Pistachio and Fossilized Amber distress inks.  I then stamped the fern images in the same colors.  I wanted a softer look for the background, so covered it with heavyweight vellum.  I thought it needed some kind of embellishment other than the two soft dot stickers, and happened to find this wood veneer fern in my stash.  That seemed to be the perfect finishing touch.  I used More Mustard and Forest Foliage (retired many years ago) cardstock - both by SU. 

STAMPS: Forever In Our Hearts (Verve).

We'd love to see how you interpret this challenge!  You'll want to post your creation on the Mojo Monday blog.  If you need more inspiration, check out the design team's creations below:


Justin Krieger 
  Lori Tecler 
  Marisa Ritzen   
Sarah Bigelow  
Teresa Kline  
Wanda Cullen (you are here)

2 comments:

~amy~ said...

Wanda, this is beautiful!

Lisa Lynn said...

Wanda, your card is gorgeous. Love your background as well as the leaf embellishment.