Monday, June 12, 2017

Cupcakes Inspiration

 

I was scouting around for some new challenges and found the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge that has this photo for inspiration and also has a watercolor theme. It was perfect to create a Father's Day card for my dad! 

 I was inspired by the green and blue cupcake (also my dad's favorite colors) and used Pelikan paints to create a watercolor wash over the white embossed Abstract Triangles background stamp by Simon Says Stamp.  


I masked off a portion of an old sentiment stamp by Darcie's and paired it with the "happy" die (WPlus9's Happy Trio set).  I stacked two white dies then offset it over one black die to create a shadow effect.  I scattered a variety of stitched stars (Lil' Inker Designs) over the background.  

Now I need to get this into the mailbox ASAP!  Thanks so much for stopping by.  Heading out to work in a few minutes.

No comments: