Thursday, December 14, 2017

Last Minute Cards



I came up with these creations when I thought I was finished with my Christmas cards...only to think of more people I wanted to share with! The first one (plus two others that are slight variations) went out today to our 3 grown kiddos and their families.  I used Stampin' Up's Sleigh Ride edgelit dies and MFT's Stitched Dome Frames and Stitched Fishtail Flags STAX Die-Namics.  The sky was embossed with the Softly Falling embossing folder by SU.


I've had this Holiday Home stamp set and Homemade Holiday Framelits dies - all by SU - since last year and am just now using them!  Sad...right?  The house was colored with Copics and I stuck with the color palette for the current Color Throwdown challenge to use pink, green, kraft and white.  I love all the beautiful plaid papers in MFT's Plaid Patterns Merry & Bright 6x6 pad!


Last, but not least, is this poinsettia creation using Altnew's Poinsettia and Pine stamps and dies.  It's one of my fave Christmas florals!  I gold embossed the images then colored with Zig clean color brush markers and blended with an Aquapainter brush.  The script paper is from Tim Holtz' Christmas 8x8 pad and the polka dots are from my leftover stash and I'm not sure of the source.

Thanks so much for stopping by...hope you are keeping warm in your corner of the world because...brrrr...it is very cold here in VA!

1 comment:

Vicki Finger said...

I'm curious. I bought the Altenew Poinsettia and Pine Stamps and dies the first year I started blogging, so 2015. The dies cut so far away from the edge that I wouldn't ever use them and sold the set. Does your set have this issue? It doesn't appear to but I am wondering if you fussy cut. I love the look of that set but I have steered clear of it because of that.