Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy New Year!!!



Another year is dawning...so went the song in our church service yesterday! Have you noticed that people are coming up on social media with "a word" for the year? I never really got on that bandwagon until this year and I'm going to share that my word for 2018 is RETIREMENT!  After 44 years of nursing (and working every other weekend the majority of that tenure), I'm aiming to quit full time nursing on May 1!  I've been at Wilson Workforce and Rehabilitation Center for 42 of those years and while I've loved the stay...I'm ready for a change!  State law says I have to wait 90 days before I can return to work some hourly shifts.  No problem there - lol!  I can't just totally walk away from a profession I love!

I want to thank a fellow stamper - Marcie Sharp - who recommended a 'must have' book for everyone: 365 Days of Wonder by R. J. Palacio.  I love to have a daily inspirational nudge in my life and will try to share these with you blog friends.  May your year be filled with many new wonders!

"We carry within us the wonders we seek around us."
                                                          --Sir Thomas Browne

2 comments:

Marisa said...

Congrats on your faithful employment and service to so many! Know you will be sorely missed, but how exciting to be able to retire!! Doing a happy dance for you :)

Mary Marsh said...

You have certainly had a milestone career in nursing Wanda - congrats on your upcoming semi-retirement