Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Just Us Girls


It's Color Week at the Just Us Girls Challenge blog and we've been asked to use prominently purple on our project. This isn't a color I gravitate toward often, but when I do use it, I like it - especially if it's paired with green!  I've been asked to create some Mother's Day cards for coworkers, so this old Siberian Iris stamp set - designed by Marcella Hawley for the former Flourishes stamp company - had a couple of sentiments that fit the bill.  



The inside has "Happy Mother's Day" stamped in Cockleshell ink by WPlus9 - the same ink I used for the Plaid Background stamp by Concord and 9th.  By the way...this plaid stamp is large and the only way you will get adequate inking is to repeatedly stamp it using a MISTI.  The image was colored with Copics.  Some of my favorite enamel dots are these flat black dots by Richard Garay (there are also white and gray dots in the same package).  I wish more companies went with flat rather than glossy dots (sorry...got off on a tangent there).  

Quote from 365 Days of Wonder:
APR 24 - "Ideals are like stars; you will not succeed in touching them with your hands. But like the seafaring man on the waters, you choose them as your guides, and following them you will reach your destiny."
                         --Carl Schurz

 

 


No comments: